Jura Girls Code of Conduct
Jura Girls Netball Club (JGNC) welcomes and greatly appreciates the support of the coaches, team managers, umpires, parents, families, friends and anyone who supports players at tournaments and events.
Recognising that we all have a responsibility to uphold the highest standards of good sportsmanship in netball, and to positively support the players, we ask that all members and parents observe this code of conduct.
The following Jura Girls Netball Club Code of Conduct highlights the level of expected behaviour when participating in / attending competitions and events. Please ensure that you have read and understand this Code. Please be aware that ignorance of the contents of this Code will not be accepted as an excuse for any breach.
Expectations of Players
· Participate fairly and safely and have working knowledge of the rules
· Show respect for all coaches, players, managers, umpires, tournament officials and volunteers
· Respect the decisions of umpires and coaches and never argue with an official
· Behave in a responsible manner relating to language, temper and punctuality
· Work equally hard for yourself and/or your team. Your team’s performance will benefit, so will you
· Wear correct kit and footwear
· Abide by the anti-doping rules in conformity with the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) code and not engage in practices that affect sporting performance (alcohol, tobacco and drug use). Please refer to the WADA Prohibited List
Expectations of Spectators, Parents or Carers
· Remember that players participate in sport for their enjoyment and benefit, not yours
· Respect the performance and efforts of all players
· Respect decisions of all officials as being fair and called to the best of their ability and without comment
· Will not arrive at a venue intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
· Never take photographs or videos of players/participants that you are not responsible for
· Ensure that medical information and emergency contact details relating to players/participants are kept updated with the appropriate personnel
· Ensure that players/participants attend all events with the required kit, medication, food and water
· Always respect the use of facilities and equipment provided.
· Discourage criticism or ridiculing of any player, coach, manager, umpire, tournament official or volunteer
· Represent Jura Girls Netball Club positively on social media and in other communications and do not use social media technology to bring the game into disrepute or make an inappropriate comment about a player, coach, manager, umpire, tournament official or volunteer.
Expulsion from the Club
JGNC will work through these actions in the order indicated unless an offence is deemed serious enough to require a higher level of disciplinary action to be applied immediately.